Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means keeping and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server administered by a web hosting provider. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various goals, so let's study them. In that way, you can decide what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to have a web page, emails, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by various hosts, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are frequently supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely erroneous interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would apportion the load between separate packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web space hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific firms provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a great number of images with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your email mailbox accounts. Some suppliers offer site hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to run an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to administer as many videos as you want to without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to own a website. To some degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At CIS Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the typical email/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific content exclusively.